It is with the saddest effort that we must close the hatches on the Wilmington Yacht Charters business. Sanjema II’s owner, Jim Taylor, of Asheville passed away last week and the yacht will be up for sale in the near future. Jim loved Sanjema II and loved that he could share her with other people to experience “the taste of the finer life”. We will miss Jim dearly and his visits to Wilmington. Thank you to our many charter clients who celebrated or memorialized their special events on board this stately lady.
Keep Cruising – The Crew
- No, the tip is not added to quotes or invoices.
- Tipping, as in most industries is determined by the customer. Our crew members work hard at providing the highest level of service to our guests beyond simply steering and docking Sanjema II. They pride themselves on realizing when to help and when to give you your privacy.
- So, we say Yes, go ahead and tip – the crew always appreciate it!
- We always work with you to reschedule to another date. If circumstances prevent you from booking a future time, we will refund you, with the exception of cost for any provisioning or food services we may have incurred at that time.
- Yes and No. The crew will remain with and around Sanjema II. They stay out of your way, but will do check-ins to maintain contact with the party host.
- Absolutely. However, only if we are docked at approved locations where there is security. The captain will be available for contact, but not present unless needed.
- Cats are not allowed due to the captain’s allergies.
- Small dogs under 25 pounds will be considered.
- Service dogs are welcome.
Unfortunately not. Boarding is by stairs from the dock.
- We will make arrangements if needed to meet you prior to your event to load everything aboard.
- We will always try and accommodate your request. Cost for extra time is normally quoted and listed on your contract. The captain will make the determination if all conditions allow the extension.